We are pleased to announce the following new Principals and Associates:
Principal Promotions: Michael Behrens, CE, Babatunde (Babs) E. Marquis, CCM, Rachel Martin, PE, Tennyson M. Muindi, PE, F.ASCE, Brad Murray, PE, Lynn A. Salvati, PhD, PE, Bade Sozer, PhD, PE
Associate Promotions: Jeannine Alexander, CPSM, Amir Beyabanaki, PhD, Daniel Ebin, PE, Allison Halvorson, CPSM, Colin Holt, Heather Hughes, Keith Johnson, Jake Keegan, PE, Gail Kinner, CPSM, Kent Langdon, Todd LaVielle, PE, Victor Lee, CPEng, Seth McGinnis, Steve Morrison, Tara Nicoletti, Wanda Ostermann, Wendy Sarno, Cay Simond, Denis Tepavac, CPEng
*Senior Associate **Lead Associate
The following staff gave presentations at the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists (AEG) 64th Annual Meeting, held September 20–26 in San Antonio, TX:
- William C. Gates, James Struthers, James Schick, Ethan Guzek, and Luke Ferguson presented “Emergency Response and Mitigation for a Sequential Rockslide on US-95 near Riggins, ID, July 2020.”
- Dru Nielson and Su Soe presented “The Geology of a Tuolumne River Crossing in the Poopenaut Valley of Yosemite National Park, California.”
- James Struthers presented “Emergency Response and Navigating Naturally Occurring Asbestos – Rockslide Mitigation on US-95 near Riggins, Idaho.”
The following authors presented their papers at the No-Dig North Conference, held November 8–10 in Vancouver, Canada:
- Michelle van der Pouw Kraan, Wolfe Lang, Jason Yeung, and Doug Grimes presented “Staged Geotechnical Exploration Program for the Design of Twin Forcemains Across the Fraser River.”
- Michelle van der Pouw Kraan, Geoff Bee, Wolfe Lang, and Doug Grimes presented “HDD Design for the Golden Ears Forcemain and River Crossing.”
- Jason Yeung, Michelle van der Pouw Kraan, and Norman Joyal presented “Construction Monitoring of a Trenchless Crossing Underneath Deltaport Way and BC Rail Tracks.”
The following staff participated in the Cutting Edge Conference, held November 15-17, 2021 in Dallas, TX:
- Dan Adams was a panelist at the Updating the Gold Book Workshop Panel Session on Sunday, November 14, 2021.
- Conference Chair, Elisa Comis, gave the opening remarks on Monday, November 15, 2021.
- Mark Funkhouser presented “Alignment Selection for the Lower Olentangy Tunnel” on Monday, November 15, 2021.
Jeff Fontana and Eric Westergren published their article “3D Parametric Structural Design and Documentation Workflow” in the December 2021 issue of Tunnels and Tunneling North America.
Su Soe published her article “Trenchless Construction of the Browns Valley Trunk in Napa, CA” in the NASTT Western Chapter 2021 Western Regional Trenchless Review.
James Struthers presented “Emergency Rockfall Assessment and Mitigation, MP 188 US-95 near Riggins, ID” at the 45th Northwest Geotechnical Workshop in Brian Head, Utah on September 13, 2021.
Claire McConnell passed the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED Green Associate exam.